Fit Out Project Manager
Our client are a sub-contractor that specialise in full-service design & build construction projects through to pre-construction, carpentry, joinery and fit-out. Trading for over 20 years, with a very experienced Senior Management Team and forecasting T/O of £20M this year, considering these challenging times, they are in a strong position.
Sub-contracting predominantly to Tier one main contractors with a focus on a non-contractual, repeat business approach.
They are looking to employ a Project Manager who is experienced in the London Commercial Fit Out sector, someone who not only has a strong understanding of carpentry, but also has a good knowledge on how that package interfaces with others.
They are ideally looking to identify, meet and engage a suitable individual to initially set up and run a £4M project in West London, with the potential for that works package to increase to £6M. Someone capable of running up to 2 live projects concurrently.
Must possess strong people skills, able to conduct themselves in a firm, but professional manner, with a major focus on developing strong working relationships.
Able to programme using ATSA software and a good working knowledge of Document Management Software’s on the market.
Reporting to visiting Contracts Manager and Construction Director
- Project manage the safe delivery of medium and large carpentry projects;
- Manage all health and safety issues related to the project while submitting weekly H&S reports
- Ensure that safe working practices and safety procedures are fully implemented across the site/project/contract
- Management of site supervisors and directly employed labour to provide direct assistance and support as necessary.
- Lead all delegated staff to ensure a positive image of the company is maintained at all times
- Ensure quality of work meets or exceeds benchmarks and prepare and submit QA documentation as required and submit to client.
- Monitor attendance & time keeping
- Create and sustain a culture and working environment that drives employee satisfaction
- Manage material orders and/or call offs to ensure timely delivery of materials required to meet the programme requirements.
- Keep & maintain a daily diary of relevant events on site
- Manage liaisons, interfaces and contacts with main contractors, other sub-contractors and our own staff such that positive and ongoing relationships are maintained
- Lead the pre-construction design development phase in conjunction with the appointed internal designer(s)
- Ensure all relevant design & specification documentation is current and communicated to the on-site team
- Ensure that detailed programs and schedule are developed commensurate with the overall project plan such that material and resources can be procured
- Attend site meetings, progress meetings, daily and weekly safety meetings, project reviews with main contractor, sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as required.
- Ensure financial performance is in line with expectations & develop margin improvement plan
- Ensure that all additional work is identified, fully costed and agreed with the main contractor in liaison with the surveyors
- Appreciate and understand the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these with decision making
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all staff and sub-contractors within their control under strict observance of the Rainsford Health, Safety and Environmental policy
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and instructions at all times
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to see ways of both improving contribution to the division’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company
- Lead, motivate, communicate, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the Company needs
- Exhibit the Rainsford Contracts values and reinforce them throughout the site
- Implement and promote equality and diversity policy
- Ensures constant communications with all project staff to identify potential projects, formulate recommendations, solutions and report
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent motivational and team leading skills Results orientated
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with contractors, site staff, third party suppliers and client team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, impartiality and discretion
- Ability to work effectively within complex teams on challenging projects
- High level of integrity and drive for excellence
- Have experience in dealing with main contractor / clients professional teams
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficient in IT applications
- Experienced in D&B process
Salary in and around £75K +
If you would like to apply for the position of Fit Out Project Manager (HJ/5719), then please complete the form below